Last modified: April 22, 2013
This website (“Site”) is operated by PHYTEC America LLC and its affiliate companies and subsidiaries (collectively “PHYTEC”). Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to PHYTEC.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, send us an e-mail, sign up for a newsletter, create a forum account ID, request a quote, register your products, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, or download software, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information on your browser and operating system.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND CONSENT
Submitting voluntary information to PHYTEC constitutes your consent to using the information to specifically conduct the transaction you have initiated. This personal information may include your name, company affiliation, mailing address, telephone, e-mail address and credit card information.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason like email marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent, and provide you with an opportunity to decline this consent.
We may use the information about your use of the site to improve the Site and its functionality. We do not sell any of the information we collect for any purpose.
3. INTERNATIONAL USERS
3. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Personal information will only be shared by PHYTEC to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different legal jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- We may disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our general terms and conditions.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Our Site may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and gather data about Site usage.
4. ONLINE STORE
- Your payment data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After the transaction is complete, Shopify deletes your purchase transaction information.
- All direct payment gateways used in conjunction with Shopify adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. The Council a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- In addition to these terms, please refer to Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry-best practices to ensure your information not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Below is a list of cookies that our site uses. This list is presented so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Google analytics: PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please contact our Privacy Compliance Representative via email@example.com, or by mail as indicated below, to:
- access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we may have collected during your use of our site and store
- register a complaint, or
PHYTEC America LLC
Re: Legal Affairs
203 Parfitt Way SW
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110